Monday 20 June 2022

The Spirals - (I Send My Love) To The Old Country 1989

I don't have a lot of information about Wellington pop band The Spirals. Belinda Bradley and Perry Bradley went on the form Recliner. Who had moderate success on US Collage radio. Guitarist Bill Wood turned to more experiment music. Releasing solo albums as well as play for Birchville Cat Motel and 1/3 Octave Band.  


Mike Yates
Drums
Ash Lienert
Bass
Bill Wood
Guitar
Perry Bradley
Xylophone/Saxophone
Belinda Bradley
Vocals

Recorded off of the 7" vinyl single
 

 

3 comments:

  1. This was one of my favourite bands when I was at university. Another of their singles, "Normal", got some significant airplay on Radio Active https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKt4hAMkn3o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their other single is great. I've never seen a copy for sale. It's not even listed on Discogs https://www.discogs.com/artist/3571276-The-Spirals-4

      Delete
  2. Long time no see... Hope you are fine!

    ReplyDelete